Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve


I put up lights tonight
Made in USA by Muddnet All Rights Reserved 2004
I'm sitting here alone tonight after a friend just left,and I'm alone,but not lonely.It just hasnt seemed like christmas this year.Maybe it was the election..Maybe it's the war in Iraq,but I just havent been in the mood, yet.But I did get excited when I bought my first grandchild his first christmas gifts.A little one again.And the circle of life continues.So what does Christmas mean to me?It means the Christ child is born..The Nativity scene.My Uncle Harold coming over to give us loads of presents since he never had any kids..We also called him Uncle Quarter.He always had a few quarters to press around into everyones hands..He died on my birthday last year.He was in his 90's..His brother my grampa lived until he was 89 years old..They were both from boston..I wonder if they saw Boston red socks win their last champianship back when they were kids?Speaking of kids,mine come home tomorrow afternoon and we will have dinner at leah's for the first time not here at my house..She can clean the dishes for a change..

No comments: