Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Astral Plane

The Wretched Victim
I hide in darkness exiled
Haunted by your memories
Holding onto promises
Lost in my time of pain
I’ve made my bed of nails
And sleep alone every night
As the spirits laugh to me inside
Yet you’re still dissatisfied
I live with blindness piercing
Echoes of your distant voice
The weight of waiting for tomorrow
Waiting untill this goes away
I chose my bleak substance
And frighten the ones close to me
As the visions leave me petrified
Yet you’re still dissatisfied
No one hears the cries of sorrow
No one hears the tragedy
Left to die the curtain falls
My existence in you rots away
I curse the hour that brought you to me
An image of what I can’t have
The wretched victim I’ve become
I hope you’re now glad
Withered from eternal mourning
Bleeding in the faceless night
Living the lies and cruelty
Your absence burns inside me
I’ll learn to live without the comfort
Won’t beg for one last encore
The wretched victim I’ve become
But I don’t need you anymore
I don’t need you anymore

http://www.joerenzetti.com/main.html

No comments: