Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Blanket

I joined classmates about 5 years ago when there were only 20 people from my class at bonita,and no one from gladstone yet!I just upgraded it to the paying membership,and have gotten in touch with quite a few long lost friends from glendora,as well as la verne.People like the girl whos mom was my babysitter two doors north of us on prospero drive,denise ..she told me her mom had passed away in 1995,but still talked about how tall and handsom I had grown up.I hadent seen denise since I moved away in 1971,but the years melted away.We got to talking,and then she sent me a suprise package she thought I would like..It was a handmade afghan quilt her mom had made,one of two unsed in a box that she had after her sisters death..I wrapped myself in it and felt the love of this women still in it,and around me..and cried..you see,her mom had gotten sick of denise and I fighting over my blue blanket,she cut it in half,and gave each of us 1 half..I was mortified,and my mom was pissed..But I guess we got over it,cause were both still here,and I never realized what a good thing that women did for me till then,stopping a boy from carrying around a comfort blanket,just like linus did in the peanuts charicters.Denise hadent even rememberd the incident,just thought I was the one person on the planet that could appreciate the quilt besides herself..She never knew how right she was! I loved her mom Vivian,and feel this was a gift from her across the eons of time!Thanks to both of them for making me a better person.. and for this gift of love from both of them.

No comments: